CURRENTLY ENROLLING TEENS & ADULTS WITH FOOD ALLERGIES
$185 Plasma Donations to Support Food Allergy Research & Diagnostics
The Allergy Antibody Plasma Donation program at PlasmaLab relies on donors like you to support important research performed by affiliate medical research groups. Your plasma may also be used to develop test kits used by physicians to diagnose allergies in their patients. Questions? Call 425-258-3653. All screening appointments and plasma donations take place at our medical center in Everett, Washington.
- Have verified moderate to severe food allergies
- Live in Northwest Washington or can travel to Everett, Washington for appointments.
- Meet FDA & PLI requirements.
- Be able to come to our lab for multiple appointments if needed.
- Want to make a difference!
Candidates accepted into PlasmaLab’s Allergy Antibody Plasma Donation program will make 1 to 5 plasma donations and be compensated $185 for each completed plasma donation. There is the potential for long-term participation in this program.
How Do I Qualify?
Candidates are screened through IgE allergy testing and meet specific qualifications listed on our eligibility page. Ideal candidates fit one or more of the following situations:
- I have been diagnosed with a food allergy through a blood test for IgE (immunoglobulin E) antibodies.
- I have been diagnosed with a food allergy through a skin prick test.
- I have been prescribed an epinephrine auto injector by a physician.
- I have experienced anaphylaxis from a food allergy.
- I have experienced itching in my mouth after eating certain foods.
- I have experienced vomiting, diarrhea, or belly pain from a food allergy.
- I have experienced a rash or hives after eating certain foods.
- I have experienced a drop in my blood pressure from a food allergy.
- I have had oral immunotherapy for a food allergy.
- I have experienced Oral Allergy Syndrome from eating raw fruits, raw vegetables, nuts, or honey.
- I have been medically diagnosed with food-allergy related eczema (atopic dermatitis).
PlasmaLab is currently screening candidates diagnosed with one or more of the following food allergies
- Whole Egg
- Egg White
- Egg Yolk
- Cow Milk
- Alpha-lactalbumin (α–lactalbumin)
- Beta- lactoglobulin (β–lactoglobulin)
- Goat Milk
- Sheep Milk
Tree Nut Allergy
- Brazil Nuts
- Ber e1
- Cashew Nuts
- Ana 03
- Cor a1
- Cor a8
- Cor a9
- Cor a14
- Jug r1
- Jug r3
- Ara h1
- Ara h2
- Ara h3
- Ara h8
- Ara h9
- Soybean (Soya bean, Edamame)
- Soy Milk
- Soy Flour, Soy Bran, Soy Grits
- Soy Nuts, Soy Nut Butter
- Soy Sauce, Shoyu Sauce
- Soy Lecithin
- Bean curd
- Sesame Seeds
- Sesame Oil
- Gluten (Allergy, not intolerance)
Fish, Seafood, Shellfish
Poultry & Meat