Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
Rheumatoid Factor in your plasma will help support medical research and diagnostics
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients with rheumatoid factor titer results above 900 IU/ml are urgently needed to donate plasma to support RA research and diagnostics.
Did you know that rheumatoid factor antibodies are found in plasma? These antibodies are necessary to manufacture positive controls for RA test kits. Because RA treatments work so well on most patients, it has become quite difficult to find plasma donors with high rheumatoid factor IgM levels. In turn, it has become more difficult to develop test kits – the same type of test kits used to diagnose those who now use RA medications.
If you or someone you know currently has a rheumatoid factor titer above 900 IU/ml, consider donating plasma at PlasmaLab in Everett. Your antibody-rich plasma will support the diagnostic community and fellow RA patients. Qualifying candidates may participate in multiple plasma donations throughout the year. Compensation is $185 for each completed plasma donation.
Please fill out our online application and we will contact you with more information about this program.
- Must be diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and have rheumatoid factor test results from the past 12 months available for review.
- Individuals with rheumatoid factor results from lupus, sarcoidosis, or other conditions will also be considered for the program.
- Must meet FDA and PLI requirements.
- Must be available to make plasma donations during PlasmaLab’s business hours: Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 3:30 pm, and Friday, 8 am to 11 am.
- Program is open to residents of NW Washington; qualified donors who live 50+ miles from PlasmaLab in Everett may receive a travel stipend for each plasma donation.
- Out-of-state candidates will be considered; PlasmaLab offers a travel compensation package to approved out-of-state candidates.
- For those accepted into our Rheumatoid Factor Antibody Program, all plasma donations take place at our medical center in Everett WA.